Woohoo! OBOP will be running the remaining two Rotorua events that were part of the Orienteering BOP Summer Series. These are intended to be fun, low key events, designed to get people back out with a map in hand following this long period of lockdown restrictions.
Of course these will be run in accordance with the latest Covid-19 restrictions and OBOP will be following the Orienteering NZ COVID-19 guidelines. For details on OBOP's Response Plan for Covid-19 click HERE. This will be updated as we move to new Alert Levels.
There will be two events on the following dates:
- Hillcrest - 4th June. If anyone wants to still run this event, we have left it on Maprunners app, so people are welcome to give it a go over the coming days. For information on accessing the Hillcrest map and using the app go here.
- Government Gardens - Wednesday 10th June.
Information for the Government Gardens event
- This event will be run more like a normal Summer Series event, apart from there being no mass start.
- Event Headquarters will be signposted from Hinemaru Street.
- Registration will open from 3.45pm. This event is free for OBOP members. For anyone not a member the cost is $5. You will need to bring cash on the day for your entry or you can pay online. OBOP's bank account number is 03 1552 0094951 00, please use your surname in the reference field when paying, and don't forget to bring proof of payment on the day.
- Competitors can self-start any time between 4pm and 5.30pm. They will self time and visit as many controls as they can within 60 minutes. The course will close at 6.30pm.
- Competitors can enter on the day at registration where you will receive your map and your clip card.
- Flags and clippers will be out on the course.
- If you are starting later in the time period you will need to bring a head torch.
- If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ask at registration.
There are no restrictions on us running orienteering events at Alert Level 1 but we ask all competitors to note:
- DO NOT attend the event if you are sick or unwell in any way, or should be self-isolating for another reason due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Practice social distancing at all times and stay a minimum of 1 metre from people who are not family or friends. Do not congregate at the start or finish.
- No toilets or water will be provided.
- Wash your hands before and after the event.