GREAT FOREST ROGAINE RULES
The Great Forest Rogaine will be run in accordance with the New Zealand Rules of Rogaining.
We have a few special rules that are important to us:
1. The event will be scored using SPORTident cards (dibbers). Every team will receive one dibber at registration to use for the event. A team member will need to insert the dibber into the control box at every control to prove that the team has visited that control. It is the responsibility of the team to carry and look after their dibber card so that it can be handed in at the finish as evidence of the controls that they have visited. OBOP will seek to recover the costs of any dibbers lost by teams during the event.
2. All competitors must carry the following compulsory gear at all times:
- Torch/headlamp with sufficient batteries (each individual)
- Whistle (each individual)
- Wool/thermal top (each individual)
- Waterpoof jacket (each individual)
- Hat and gloves (each individual)
- Mobile phone sealed in a waterproof bag (per team)
- Backpack to carry above (each individual)
3. All team members must stay within 20 metres of all their other team members at all times.
4. Contestants should note that 20 points will be deducted for every minute or part minute that they are late. Contestants who are more than 15 minutes late will be disqualified.
5. All teams must compete within the spirit of the competition. As organisers we reserve the right to withdraw teams from the competition who fail to do so.
6. Contestants must comply with any safety instructions given out at registration or by officials at the event. We also reserve the right to make any necessary decisions about any team or individual in regards to the events safety.