OBOP EVENT CALENDAR
- 7th Feb, Whakarewarewa map (from Visitor Center), signposted from Tarawera Road. Note: This is a FREE event as part of the Tarawera Ultra Marathon. Rego opens slightly earlier at 4.45pm.
- 13th Feb, Whakarewarewa forest and Scion (from end of Longmile road), signposted from Tarawera Road
- 21st Feb (Note: Day change to Thursday) Centennial Park and Toi Ohomai Campus, signposted from Old Taupo Road/SH5
- 27th Feb, Rotorua International Stadium, signposted from Devon Street
- 6th March, Owhata and Lynmore Steets, signposted from Brent Road
- 13th March, Whakarewarewa Forest (from Froude Street Park), signposted from Sala Street
- 20th March, Kuirau Park/CBD, start location to be confirmed
- 27th March, Government Gardens/CBD, start location to be confirmed
Timing - Registration opens and maps handed out at 5pm, start at 5.30pm, finish 6.30pm.
Format and Rules
Format and Rules
- 1 hour rogaine, maximum 30 controls
- Each checkpoint worth 10 points
- Deduction of 20 points per minute or part minute late.
TAUPO AND WAIKATO ORIENTEERING EVENTS
Taupo MTB/Foot Rogaine Series 2018/19 details
- Whakaipo Bay East - Foot Rogaine & Courses - 24 February
- Scoria Road - Foot Rogaine & Courses - 7 April
PERMANENT ORIENTEERING COURSE
We currently have one permanent Orienteering course established in the Redwoods Forest, Rotorua. Printed maps can be obtained from the Visitor Centre on Longmile Road. Alternatively you can download and print a high quality map here.
OTHER NZ ORIENTEERING EVENTS
All NZ events can be found here.
Choose and filter Bay of Plenty for the club and you'll get OBOP events only.
Choose and filter Central Districts for the Region and you'll get other great events nearby.